Thursday, February 22, 2018

Guest Design Team - Miss Kates Cuttables

Hi, Sue from Sue's Paper Crafts very excited to be here today to show you what I made while I was playing with some files from Miss Kates Cuttables . I live in Arizona and have some pictures from our trip to Tombstone trip to scrap so I used  Miss Kates Westward Ho and Wild West files to work with. I mixed up cuts from both files on both pages.


After getting all of the pieces cut I had fun creating the layouts. In the first picture several members of the group we rode to Tombstone, AZ with got together for one of those old west sepia pictures. I dry embossed a woodgrain look on the barrels but you can't really see it in the pictures. 


We are right up there in the middle under the, "Tombstone" sign.


We stopped in at Boothill Grave Yard. There is a lot of history there. Most of the headstones contain the poor soul's name as well as cause of death. Lots of gun fights, hangings and diseases in those days. Many very odd deaths also.

Why the two suns? Because even in mid October in Tombstone it is so hot that you feel that there are two suns bearing down on you. I was going to add some flower blossoms to the prickly pear like cacti but in mid October their flowering season is well over.

If you ever take a trip to Tombstone be sure to take the stage coach ride. It is well worth the $10.00 it costs. They take you around town pointing out where gunfights happened, where the wild women lived, who lived in this house and the history of the house.

We had fun but weren't able to get in everything we had wanted to. One of these days we would like to go back and take the tour of the haunted Bird Cage Theater, the OK Corral and the comedy gun fight down the road a bit.

Thank you to Miss Kate for having me as her Guest Designer.
 

1 comment:

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.