Sunday, January 22, 2017

Paper Crafting - Challenge - Week - 168

I found another challenge to play along with :papercrafting-challenge-week-168. When I checked out their new challenge at the beginning of the week I wanted to take part but it took me all week to come up with the prefect idea.

My son and wonderful daughter in law live in Tokyo, Japan. They had these postcards made up to ring in the New Year which is actually the Year of the Rooster but the kids have dubbed it, "the year of the fried chicken". They had this caricature made and it looks SO much like the two of them.
Here is a picture taken at their Japanese wedding so that you can see the real them. They are entertaining their guests with a song and dance routine.

 
This is the inspiration photo. I just love the beautiful colors and I wanted to use some of the Japanese crafting papers the kids have brought or sent me over the years.
 

 


 
The background paper is very thin so I adhered it to a piece of chipboard to give it some strength.

I scanned the postcard and printed it as a 5 x 7. I added some red ribbon to the top and bottom of the picture then attached the picture to a piece of yellow cardstock that I had embossed with a Honeycomb folder. I cut the letters with my Cricut and their Robotz cartridge.

The background paper and the little Japanese figures are all gifts from my kids.

I am entering this layout into this challenge:
Papercrafting-challenge-week-168

1 comment:

  1. The year of fried chicken - I love that and your layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.