Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Advent Calendar

It is a little late to create one of these but it's never too early to think about next year, is it? I like to give credit where credit where is due, the original idea came from Jo Ann's Website.

 
 
My base is a 4 1/2" square of wood which I painted green.
 


 
Instead of using the pre-made boxes in the original directions, I cut 25 boxes with my Cricut using the Wrap it Up cartridge and the cut for the car box @ 7" (you know how cuts are in Cricutland).
 



 
 
All of the papers are from Craft Smith's Homemade Holiday and Timeless Holiday paper pads.
 
After assembling the boxes I cut the numbers with Cricut's Designer Calendar cartridge using the boxed feature and cutting @ 1.6 inches out of dark green vinyl. I also added some sequins to each box.
 
For each level of boxes, the boxes are glued together with a glue gun as you can see in the 2nd picture above. The bottom layer of boxes is also glued to the wood base but all of the other layers are just glued box to box but not the layers. That is so that you can take the upper layers off so that you can access the boxes to open them up.
 
I die cut 3 stars then scored down the middles and glued together so they form a 3D star.
 
Fill with candy or verses, maybe both.
 
The layers are:
 
Bottom 2 - 6 boxes in each layer
3rd row up - 5 boxes
4th row up - 4 boxes
5th row up - 3 boxes
Top row - 1 box
 
 
 



 

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I've never made an advent calendar...looks involved, but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.