Friday, October 7, 2016

Butterflies, Checkerboard and Cyan

I have been having a lot of  fun with this card, the challenge I made it for calls for you to use a butterfly, checkerboard and the color cyan.

 
I started with a scrap of heavy white cardstock and painted it cyan. After the paint dried I used a checkerboard stencil from Plum Purdy.com and texture paste to create my checkerboard.
 
The butterfly was cut with my Cuttlebug, it is hard to see it in the picture, there is a layer of cyan under the white butterfly. I also embossed the butterfly and added some gold sequins.
 
I stamped the sentiment with cyan ink onto ink on white and layered it onto a piece of cyan cardstock. I added the ribbon and used foam pads to adhere the sentiment to the card face.
 
The card base is white and embossed with a basket weave embossing folder.
 
I am going to enter this card into these challenges:
 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect Sue. I love the checkered board created with the paste which is a great idea. I can see the underneath cyan layer on the butterfly just peaking out at the side. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever way of making the checkered design. Lovely card. xx

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.