Thursday, September 1, 2016

Muse Challenge #181

I have finally gotten back into the crafting mood after our seemingly never ending trip. It actually took me a couple of weeks to fully recover, riding the bike in all of the heat and humidity really took a toll on this old lady.

Anyhow...back to my card. Or should I say cards? I made this for the: Muse Challenge #181  this is a CASE challenge, here is the original card:




I really liked everything about this card when I saw it, especially the colors and use of washi tape which I usually have a hard time trying to work it into my projects.

And now my cards:

 

I made 2 cards using slightly different processes on the butterflies. The first one I embossed the butterfly then used watercolor pencils to color it and a watercolor brush to blend the colors. The 2nd one I stamped, used the same watercolor pencils on them and blended with a regular paint brush then I  added some Glazed Dimensions on a few parts of the butterfly to add a bit of shine.

The green strips are washi tape and the flower border is from a set of Close to my Heart border stamps I won on a blog hop a couple of years ago.

The sentiment on the first card is stamped with blue ink and the 2nd card was stamped with green ink.

I am entering this card into this challenge:

Muse Challenge #181.
 

5 comments:

  1. 2 fabulous takes on my Muse card Sue, both super elegant and with your own twist on the Muse. Thanks so much for playing along this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and a wonderful take on the Muse card by Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely interpretation of Sarah's inspiration! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this interpretation of the card. Your butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your interpretation of Sarah's MUSE card; so creative and clever

    ReplyDelete

All comments left are greatly appreciated. I do take the time to read each and every one of them. Thank you for leaving a comment.